This is a special episode where Serena Marie, RD, and I talk about something that could be affecting you or someone you know. It’s called Female Athlete Triad syndrome, and men sometimes experience a similar syndrome called Relative Energy Deficiency in Sports (RED-S).
We discuss the following:
- What Female Athlete Triad syndrome is
- What RED-S is
- Why a woman stops getting her period
- What can lead to Female Athlete Triad syndrome
- Serena’s experience with Female Athlete Triad syndrome
- My weight journey with going from being at a lower weight and running longer distances to gaining a few pounds and switching to high-intensity interval training (HIIT)
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.