Serena Marie, RD, and Kari discuss the best ways to fuel before, during, and after a run, plus the “dos and don’ts” regarding fat, fiber, and carbs. They provide product and real-food suggestions, along with some background information about ketosis.
We specifically discuss the following:
- What’s going on with your digestive system
- How many carbs to eat based on your gender and frame size
- Dried fruits such as apricots and bananas
- How Tailwind fuel has a beautiful ingredient list
- How coconut water is great for running or if you have gastro issues
- How to combine fat, carbs, and protein and when to eat them
- Why vitamin D and calcium are important
- How much protein to consume after running
- Basic information about ketosis
We discuss the following resources:
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.