It was an a-ha moment when I discovered how I should do certain things at certain times based on my chronotype. A chronotype is like your biological clock signalling when to do certain activities based on time of day and your wiring. What’s great about this is that it gets away from standards such as, “Get eight hours of sleep,” “Run first thing in the morning,” “Do the hardest thing first,” and much more. Dr. Breus and I specifically talk about the following:
- Why to consider your chronotype
- Best time to run, practice yoga, and weight lift
- When to go to bed for women during their menstrual cycles
- When to have a deep conversation
Serena and I talk about the exciting science behind resistant starch.
We discuss the following resources:
- The Power of When Quiz
- The Power of When: Discover Your Chronotype—and the Best Time to Eat Lunch, Ask for a Raise, Have Sex, Write a Novel, Take Your Meds, and More by Dr.Michael Breus
- Research about Resistant Starch
- List of Food with Resistant Starch
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.