Jim and Cheryl Brown (who housed Serena Marie, RD, and I when we ran the Chicago Marathon in 2015) run by to update us about what has changed since their December 2015 visit on Episode 108. They discuss the following:
- Jim’s hip resurfacing surgery recovery
- How starting running in your mid 40s and now running in your mid-to-late 50s is different
- Why they were motivated to run another marathon after they thought they would never run another
- Why running a marathon with Team in Training was by far their favorite experience (and they’ve run four marathons for charity)
- Top fundraising tips (they raised over $5,000!)
- Why Cheryl loves SPENGA, which is a franchised fitness class
Serena Marie, RD, answers a listener’s question about why agave nectar might not be the best choice. Serena also explains what cancer patients should keep in mind when it comes to sugar.
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.