Dear friend of The Running Lifestyle Show, Liz Whitteberry, is here to discuss how she took on her dream race, the Badwater Salton Sea 81-miler, and what she contributes to her success.
We specifically discuss the following:
- How she shared the love of running by helping team members of The Running Lifestyle Show run the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids
- Why Badwater Salton Sea was her dream race
- Her crew and what she wants crew members to know
- What she recommends for aspiring long-distance runners
- Words of wisdom about how to determine when running is too much
- Her identity of doing hard things
Serena Marie, RD, and I discuss The Bachelorette and how your environment impacts what you watch and eat among other things. We then move on to the nitty gritty of nutrition and discuss the following:
- The Effect of a Vegetarian vs Conventional Hypocaloric Diabetic Diet on Thigh Adipose Tissue Distribution in Subjects with Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Study
- Why the Standard American Diet is SAD
- Why to look out for Omega 6s and what food has Omega 6s
- Why Serena recommends a nutrient-dense diet and has concerns about the study
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.