One of my favorite Balanced Athlete coaches ever is none other than Balanced Athlete co-founder Sara Gillespie. This is one of those episodes where you may want to stop running (assuming you’re running while listening to this) and do some of the exercises that Sara discusses with us (she’s cuing me, which was fun). Sara shares her love for fitness and discusses the following:
- How she became a better student thanks to kinesiology
- How to balance cross training with running
- Why to use a PVC pipe for your feet
- What to do before running
- How strength training revs up your metabolism
- How to decide whether or not to run a race
- How she’s overcome a thyroid disorder
- How to do a pull-up
I share a positive psychology happiness hack that could help you sleep better. If you find yourself awake in bed, instead of counting sheep, start with the alphabet and visualize something for which you are grateful for each letter of the alphabet. Who knows, you may only get to D.
Please say some prayers and send positive thoughts to Serena Ramsey Burla, daughter of high school running coach, Chris Ramsey, who appears on Episode 141. Serena, who just took eleventh at the World Championships, just had her second cancer mass removed at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center last week.
Serena Marie, RD, and I discuss the following:
- Why I can’t wait to go to Camp Good Life Project and be a camp counselor
- What our running routines look like today
- If Serena were to get a tattoo, what the tattoo would involve
- Why to take zinc and vitamin C if you’ve had a burn
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to Kari at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.