A Running Lifestyle Show friend suggested the topic of OCD and orthorexia, and I’m so glad that he did so. Somehow in over 190 episodes, I have never discussed OCD and orthorexia with a psychotherapist.Thank you to Tom for requesting that Dr. Kimberley Quinlan—a marriage and family psychotherapist—come on the podcast.
Please note that this podcast is for informational purposes only; you should not treat yourself and/or others with this information.
We talk about the following:
- Types of OCD
- How you know when to seek treatment
- Determining if running helps or detracts from your life
- How to check in with yourself by placing your hand on your heart —and asking what your heart feels
- Why not to believe everything you think
- The self love circle that starts with self-awareness, self acceptance, and self care (also known as health care)
- What orthorexia is and how to determine what is too much for you
- My takeaways from the episode and how it affected my eating while on vacation
Serena and I answer the following questions:
- Where can you get the best coffee in NYC
- Where is the best kombucha in NYC
- Waiting in line etiquette (yes!)
- Proudest accomplishments
- Why having the “k” sound is memorable and sometimes funny
2017 is the year of the Flourishing Experiment! If you’d like to join a group to help you with your habits and resolutions, or create a Flourishing Experiment yourself, reach out to me at Kari@TheRunningLifestyle.com for more information.
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.