You know those times when you get together with friends that you haven’t seen in awhile, and you just pick up where you’ve left off? Well, that’s what happens when Foti Panagakos (team member of The Running Lifestyle Show [TRLS] runs the Chicago Marathon for Action for Healthy Kids) and Tracy Slayton (go-to Obliger and friend of TRLS) come back to chat. During our fun conversation full of laughter, we discuss Gretchen Rubin’s latest book, The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too), which is a follow-up to Better Than Before. It was in Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits—to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life that Gretchen shared her framework for understanding how others respond to expectations.
We discussed the following:
- How your Tendency affects when and if you run
- How breaking both ankles at the same time helped Tracy realize that she wasn’t running for the right reasons (doesn’t that sound like something you would hear on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette?)
- How to communicate effectively with others and to also respect your own Tendency
- How your Tendency affects your work relationships
- How to spot a colleague’s Tendency, even if they don’t take the quiz
- Why Foti knows a colleague of his at his new job isn’t a Rebel
- How different Tendencies plan vacations
- Why Upholders and Questioners like structure
- How to just be you and work the way that is best for you
Serena and I recap our Thanksgivings and how the Tendencies played a role. We also talked about why Serena recommends taking a probiotic when taking an antibiotic. As always though, talk to your doctor to determine what is best for you.
‘Tis the season for family, friends, food, and fun. It’s also a time to get in touch with what fuels you and what doesn’t. If you’re looking for a coach to help you create a flourishing life, we could be a good fit.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll set up a time to talk!
Click HERE to receive special gifts and to be part of Team The Running Lifestyle Show.
- The Four Tendencies Quiz
- Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits—to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin
- The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too) by Gretchen Rubin
- Farmhouse Culture Gut Shots
- Garden of Life Probiotics
- Values in Action (VIA) Questionnaire