Podcaster and author Jeff Sanders tells us how you can get your day off to a great start, Runner of the Week, Becky Fedora Clayton chats about her first marathon experience and how to fit training into a busy lifestyle, and Serena Marie, MD talks about how to squeeze Vitamin A into your diet to combat dry skin.
Host of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, Jeff Sanders, discusses his book, The 5 AM Miracle: Dominate Your Day Before Breakfast with Kari and how it relates to running:
- Learn about his five key points to live your life as the sun rises and to continue that pursuit all day.
- Purchase his book here.
- Practice asking yourself, “What would the hero of my story do today?”
- Hear about his goal to run the Leadville Trail 100 run
- Discover the “new way” to use vision boards and why it’s more about the process than the end result.
- Hear why setting the core anchors of waking up, working out, and starting your work for the day are vital.
- Learn how he got over his injuries and allergies through proactive rehab.
- Practice setting the boundary to go to bed early in order to get up early in the morning.
The Runner of the Week segment is sponsored by Sport Suds, which is a laundry detergent that is perfect for newborns’ clothes, scent free, and safe for your delicate septic system. As a listener of TRLS, you can receive 25% off your entire order when you run over to www.sportsuds.com and enter code RUNLIFE at checkout.
Runner of the Week: Becky Fedora Clayton
This week’s Runner of the Week, Becky Fedora Clayton, is a busy wife and mom to a toddler who chats about her first marathon and how she fit marathon training into her schedule.
- Discover why she started running in 2010 and how she decided to run a full marathon five years later.
- Learn how she felt after conquering her first 5K in East Boston.
- She details what she does when she feels like she wants to stop during a race.
- Find out how to get your kids involved in your training plan.
- She talks about her top reasons why she runs and what it gives her.
- Becky tells Kari her 2016 running goals. What are yours?
Mike Clarke, founder of the January 31, 2016 Big Beach Marathon and Half Marathon in Gulf Shores, AL gives us a little history lesson and some interesting facts about Alabama.
- Roll Tide (Alabama) versus War Eagle (Auburn): Kari learns more about Alabama’s fervor for football.
- Learn where Mardi Gras actually originated. (Hint: It’s about an hour’s drive from the Big Beach Marathon.)
- Mike gives us a rundown on Alabama’s two seasons.
- He suggests visiting Bellingrath Gardens and Home during your visit to Alabama.
Don’t miss out on your exclusive 15% discount when you enter RUNLIFE during registration checkout at http://bigbeachmarathon.com/register/.
Serena Marie, RD
Kari chats with Serena Marie, RD, about her dry hands update and how Vitamin A deficiency may cause dry skin.
- Note: Serena Marie, RD, is not a skin expert.
- In terms of giving up dairy for very dry hands, Serena’s first reaction was that certain people will have reactions to dairy because it can trigger autoimmune reactions, especially commercially produce dairy.
- Serena has read a correlation study that suggests that Vitamin A deficiency may cause dry skin.
- Vitamin A is tricky to supplement, but liver is an excellent source. (Serena gives us some tough love. Think frozen liver cubes.)
- Cod liver oil, grass-fed dairy, and fermented butter are all good sources of Vitamin A.
- Always pair vegetables, such as orange veggies, red peppers, and yellow peppers with a fat to get in some extra Vitamin A.
Check out our Events page to see which upcoming races Kari is attending.
Head on over to www.therunninglifestyle.com/join to sign up for the exclusive e-mail list and to receive the 11 Strategies to Live the Running Lifestyle.
Next week, Serena Marie, RD, previews the most important nutrient-dense foods to eat in order to feel your best in 2016.
Namaste TRLS brothers and sisters!